President’s Day weekend continues with more Pac-12 women’s basketball action between ranked squads. For the home team in Arizona vs Colorado on Sunday, it’s an opportunity to build on what’s already been a great weekend.
If the oddsmakers from legal online North American sportsbooks are correct, that is exactly what will happen Sunday afternoon. History and some of the statistics argue for a different outcome, however.
Arizona vs Colorado details
Following are all the particulars for bettors and fans heading into a game between No. 18 Arizona and No. 21 Colorado.
- Tip-off: 2 p.m. ET, Sunday, Feb. 19, 2023
- Venue: McKale Center, Tucson, AZ
- Broadcast: Pac-12 Networks
- Streaming: Pac-12 Live or live streaming products that carry the Pac-12 Networks
- Previous matchup: Jan. 13, at Colorado, 72-65 Buffaloes over Wildcats
- Team records: Arizona 20-6 (10-5 Pac-12). Colorado 21-5 (12-3 Pac-12)
- Last games: Arizona – 82-72 win vs No. 4 Utah on Feb. 17. Colorado – 70-62 win at Arizona State on Feb. 17
- Series history: Colorado 19, Arizona 9. The Buffaloes have won the last two consecutive meetings and five of the last 10 played at Arizona.
The lines on Arizona vs Colorado
As of 1 p.m. ET, legal Canadian and US sportsbooks are offering action on this contest.
|BetRivers/PlaySugarhouse Sportsbook||Colorado +3 -115|
Arizona -3 -115
|Over 133 -115|
Under 133 -115
|Caesars Sportsbook||Colorado +3.5 -110|
Arizona -3.5 -110
|Over 133.5 -110|
Under 133.5 -110
|DraftKings Sportsbook||Colorado +3.5 -110|
Arizona -3.5 -110
|Over 133 -110|
Under 133 -110
|FanDuel Sportsbook||Colorado +2.5 -110|
Arizona -2.5 -120
|Over 132.5 -120|
Under 132.5 -110
Handicapping Arizona vs Colorado
On Friday night, Arizona got arguably its biggest win of the season by taking down the Utes. On the season, the Wildcats are 4-3 against ranked opponents. In the four of those games that were played in Tucson, Arizona has gone 2-1. If you follow the season’s pattern, they seem to be ready to follow up Friday’s big win with a let down.
Since the turn of the calendar to 2023, the Wildcats have followed a pattern of two wins and then a loss perfectly. Friday was the team’s second consecutive win. While Arizona averages scoring six more points per game than Colorado, the Buffaloes average allowing almost seven fewer points per game than the Wildcats.
The venue does shift things slightly in Arizona’s favor on Sunday. Colorado averages scoring almost seven fewer points per game on the road this season and the Wildcats average scoring four more points in home games.
As far as the total goes, 133 or 134 points is below the combined averages for these teams. However, neither of these teams has hit their season average in points in any of their last 10 games.